Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday Night Fun 2016 Education

1) What are your genealogy education plans for 2016?  Local society meetings or seminars?  Regional or national conferences?  Week long institutes?  Genealogy cruises?  Podcasts?  YouTube Videos?  Webinars or Hangouts On Air?  Magazines?  Websites?  Blogs?

2)  How much time do you invest in Genealogy Education?  Why do you do it?

3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post


  1. I am planning on going to the Washington State Genealogical Conference  June 18, 2016 in Tacoma. I try to go to all of the Eastern Washington Genealogical society monthly meetings. I was thinking of going to the Northwest Genealogical Conference in Arlington again, but I will skip it this year. We wanted to go see our cousin in Missoula, Montana this fall and the Montana Genealogical Society is having their conference there September 22-24, so I think I will go there instead of Arlington. It is 30 miles further than Arlington, but all on the interstate, while getting to Arlington is mostly 2 lanes and a lot of winding mountain roads. I watch some YouTube Videos, went to a couple Hangouts on Air, read several genealogical magazines and close to 300 blogs.
  2. I don't spend a lot of time in education any more, should do more on the newer technology.
  3. So here is my plans for this year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails