Sunday, January 25, 2015

Saturday Night Fun Genealogy Plans for 2015

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1) What are your genealogy education plans for 2015?  Local society meetings or seminars?  Regional or national conferences?  Weeklong institutes?  Genealogy cruises?  Podcasts?  YouTube Videos?  Webinars or Hangouts On Air?  Magazines?  Websites?  Blogs?


2)  How much time do you invest in Genealogy Education?  Why do you do it?


This is a little late, but I guess better late than never.  
I will be at as many of our local Eastern Washington Genealogical Society meetings as possible, I do have a few conflicts with work. 
I plan on going to the Washington State Genealogical Society conference in June at Ellensburg, Washington. I was debating on going to the Northwest Genealogical Conference in August, but got to check out the classes today. I was really interested in hearing Judy Russell talk, but the classes they picked for her to teach would bore me to death.
Never been on a cruise, maybe after I retire I would like to go on one.
I do watch YouTube genealogical videos, listened to a few podcasts, but not recently. Did do some Webinars  last year and probably will watch more this year.  Need to figure out how to do a hangout on the air. Have watched a few after they were posted on YouTube.
Do subscribe to several genealogical magazines, Internet Genealogy, Family Chronicle, and Family Tree Magazine.
Not a big website person, guess I still have bad memories of the 90s websites.
Blogs, I do read a lot of blogs on Feedly, have not counted lately, but about 400 in my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails