Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Night Fun Know my Great Grandparents

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music):


1)  Dana Leeds on the Enthusiastic Genealogist blog asks "Did/Do Your Children Know Any of Their Great-Grandparents?"

2)  I thought that would be a great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun question - so please share your response with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.

3)  For extra credit, or in case the answer is "No," then please answer the question for yourself, or your parents.

The answer is no I did not know any of my great grandparents, but one was pretty close; Orville Travis, my maternal grandmother's father lived to just a month before I was born. Two died in the 30's, two in the teens and rest 1890s except one in 1900.

I checked my dad's great grandparents and none were even close to his 1906 birth date, so I checked my mom and two of her great grandparents were still alive when she was in high school. Joseph Vanderpool died 1929, (he is so far my only Civil War Veteran) and Mary Travis who died in 1927.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails