Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Night Fun Semi-Random Research

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1)  We're going to do a little bit of Semi-Random Research tonight...

2)  Go to your family tree database of choice (you know, like RootsMagic, Reunion, Ancestry Member Tree), and determine who the very last person on your list of names is.

3)  What do you know about this person based on your research?  It's OK to do more if you need to - in fact, it's encouraged!

4)  How are you related to this person, and why is s/he in your family tree?


Well the last person in my database may still be alive, so I will not post him here, so I will go to his father three numbers from the end.

This is a picture I received from a cousin and so I did some research to see where he fit in. He is James Ray DeRemer born November 1, 1886 in Minnesota and died March 8, 1954 in Los Angeles, California. He married Una _____ and she was born June 29, 1887 in South Dakota and died April 1975 in Los Angeles, California. They had three children and their last child is the last person in my file. 
James is related to my great, great grandfather so we are second cousins one time removed. The DeRemers marrried Dillinghams my grandmothers family and also the Hansens my grandfathers family, so a lot of cousins in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails