Friday, April 20, 2012

Electric Power Pavilion Seattle Worlds Fair

Well April 21, 2012 will be the 50th anniversary of the opening day of the 1962 Seattle Worlds Fair. The Electric Power Pavilion was right near the base of the Space Needle, and with the water running down the spillways looks like a small hydro electric dam. Inside they had displays of various types of power plants.

All these pictures and brochures bring back a lot of memories and twelve years later Spokane hosted a Worlds Fair EXPO 74. Sure wished we had made a scrapbook for EXPO 74, but I do have several pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little young to remember much about the actual world's fair so I am enjoying your scrapbook.

    I do remember expo 74 however. We rode a chair lift over the Spokane River and I was terrified!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails