Sunday, October 23, 2011

52 Weeks to Personal Genealogy Worst School Subject

Week #43 – Worst School Subject

Week 43. Worst School Subject. What was your worst or least favorite subject in school and why?


Well English was always a struggle for me, but I think the Worst School Subject was PE (Physical Education). Starting about 3rd grade I slowed in my growing, so by the 5th grade I was usually the smallest student in any class. When I started high school as a sophomore (junior high had 9th grade then), I was 4 foot tall and 100 pounds. In the fall, PE started out as football, and if you have ever watched football on TV you seldom see a small person playing football. Next came basketball, and while I was a good basketball shooter, most of my shots were blocked by much taller classmates. I did come in second in a free throw contest, the winner was nearly as small as I was. Wrestling was a good class as I got to compete against kids nearly my own size.
Late in my junior year at high school I started catching up size wise, and after a year in college I finally got my full growth, but still do not really like football or basketball much, do root for the local teams though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails