Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Night Fun Ahnentafel Roulette

Hey there, genea-lovers, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!!
Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?

3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."


Well I tried all four of my great-grandfathers and only one generated a person in my file, the other three are all blank so far.

Hans Mikkelsen age 174/4=43.5
Stanislaus Dillingham age 176/4=44
Robert Forsyth Kelly age 156/4=39
#44 in my ahnentafel chart is the father of Richard Hellenbolt one of my brick walls.
#39 in my ahnentafel chart is the mother of Johanes Margaret Jensdatter and I think those records are on microfilm at Salt Lake, I have not checked for her parents.
Orville Travis age 147/4=37

Karen Jorgensdatter is #37 she was born in Tullebolle parish on the island of Laangeland in Denmark about 1766 and she married Peder Nielsen also born at Tullebolle about 1763

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails