Wednesday, August 31, 2011

52 Weeks to Personal Genealogy Wedding

Week #35 – Wedding

Week 35: Weddings. Tell us about your wedding. You may also talk about your future wedding, the wedding of a relative or shape this question to fit your own life experience.


Well most of my friends know I am not married, my mom said I was too stubborn to get married, but I just never met someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
I was in a marriage though, March 29, 1958 I was the ring bearer for the wedding of Lane Ruud and Sally Smart. Lane and his parents Clarence & Minnie Ruud had been our neighbor since I was born. He was starting out as a teacher after having been in the Army when they got married in Thurston county. My sister Jacque was the flower girl.
Lane had learned to ski when he was real young, and when he was in the Army he competed for the USA in several skiing competitions in Europe, and so after they were married Lane and Sally traveled all over the globe, and he even did some travelogs. Her parents had a condo in Hawaii and they spent a lot of Christmases in Hawaii.
Sadly Sally got in a car accident and died in 1989 (hard to believe it was that long ago), and a couple of years later Lane remarried. He still does a lot of traveling.

1 comment:

  1. wow, funny what google will bring up. I am Lane and Sally's daughter, Kari Lynn Wilson. I love that you have this posted and will share with my brother, Loren Ruud. Did you know that Dad passed this last December 10 2016? You can find his obit at leagacy.com If you want to contact me my email is kariLWilson@live.com. Also Dad's celebration of life is this next Sunday, February 5th.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails