Saturday, March 19, 2011

52 Weeks to Personal Genealogy Movies

Week #12 – Movies

Week 12: Movies. Did (or do you still) see many movies? Describe your favorites. Where did you see these films? Is the theater still there, or is there something else in its place?


When I was real young my parents took us to the movies almost every weekend, we went to the Auto-Vue Drive Inn on North Division. My sister Jacque And I would be in the back seat and they brought pillows and blankets for us. The drive in also had a bunch of swings, teeter totter's and monkey bars for us kids to tire us out before the movie started. It worked I seldom remember seeing much of any movie before I went to sleep. As I got older and we got a TV, I watched a lot of movies on TV, and seldom went to a movie theater. I do remember going to the Fox to see a Disney movie before it shut down.
The Auto-Vue drive inn was bulldozed years ago and now there is a Lowe's Home Center there now.
The Fox closed years ago and was close to being torn down when the Spokane Symphony bought it and with a lot of donations and a little state money they completely restored it to its 1931 Art Deco beauty. The Symphony had played there years ago and the acoustics were so wonderful they had to restore it, and today it is the Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails