Sunday, March 13, 2011

52 Weeks to Personal Genealogy Illness & Injury

Week #11 – Illness & Injury

Week 11: Illness and Injury. Describe your childhood illnesses or injuries. Who took care of you? Did you recuperate in your own bed, on the couch in front of the television, or somewhere else?


Well I had all the childhood illnesses, chicken pox, measles, mumps, and the flu, and I got them all before I started school because I had an older sister that caught all the diseases at school and brought them home to me, so mom got to nurse two sick kids at once. By the time I started school I was immune to these diseases and so I was one of 5 or 6 kids to have perfect attendance in grade school. Usually I was in my own bed when I was sick, but as I got better got to lay on the couch, don't remember being able to watch TV much when I was sick.
A couple of days before midterms in my first year in college I got a real bad pain in my abdomen, and soon I was having my appendix removed, so missed midterm exams, but my bandage allowed me to make up the exams.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. I see it all worked out for you, as you were able to have perfect attendance in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails