Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Google Custom Search

It's Saturday Night -- time for more Genealogy Fun!! A little late - it almost didn't happen this week, considering last week's response (three that I counted), I hope that more readers want to participate in this this week.

Your mission - should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Go to genea-blogger Ramdy Majors website (http://www.randymajors.com/).

2) Add his blog to your RSS reader, if you don't have it already.

3) Read his blog post AncestorSearch using Google Custom Search - BETA. See the link at the top of the page that says "AncestorSearch using Google Custom Search - BETA?" Click on it.

4) Test out his Custom Google Search form to help you find online information about your ancestors, especially for their marriages.

5) Tell us about your results - was this useful? Did you find something new? How can Randy improve it?


Finished #1, 2 and 3.
4. and 5. Tested on a couple of projects I am working on, and did not find anything, so tried my grandparents. Got so many hits for my grandfather I switched to my grandmother, and found all the blog posts I have done, but nothing new on either of my grandparents. Looks like it will be useful, just need to have easier subjects to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails