Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Night Fun Count Your Trees

Hey genealogy buffs, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Open your genealogy database in the software of your choice, and use the Help function to determine if your software can count the number of separate family trees you have in that database.

2. Follow the directions if the program can do it, and Count Your Trees.

3) Tell us about how many trees you have, and who is the "root" person in the biggest tree. Tell us if you have any big surprises - did you find any disconnected trees that should not have been disconnected?


1: I could not find any way to count the number of trees I have in my Ancestral Quest database, but I am pretty sure I can count them, I have one tree in that database. Now he did not ask how many databases I have and I have several separate databases. Just four I use regularly today, but I think I have 15 or 20 others, have not counted lately.

3: I am the root person of this database, but not RIN #1. That person is my grandfather. I had added 300 or so people to this database before I read that I was supposed to be #1 in my own database, but I have never wanted to start the whole database over just to make me #1 in my own database.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails