Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Night Fun Dream Genealogy Vacation

Greetings, genealogy dreamers! It's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Have you been following Becky Wiseman on her kinexxions blog as she travels around the USA? Now, she's going into western Canada and north to Alaska. It's her dream trip, although she is not doing a lot of genealogy research along the way. Her trip inspired this SNGF challenge.

Your mission tonight, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Think hard about the genealogy research trip that you would take if money were no object. Where would you go, how long would you stay, what research would you do? What is your "dream research trip?"


I guess my dream genealogical vacation would be to head back east and see where my early ancestors arrived and lived for a while. I have several families in New England, and then heading south to New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and finally North Carolina. While in North Carolina I would do some searching for my John Jackie Vanderpool to see if I could find his parents. Then head towards Missouri where several families congregated before heading to Washington.

P.S. I have been following Becky Wiseman on her kinexxions and really like her pictures, keep them coming Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails