Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Night Fun FamilyTime Line


Hey genea-friends, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Open up your genealogy family tree software (you do have family tree software, right?) and:

2) Create a timeline for one or more of your ancestral families. The design is yours to create - make it as intricate or beautiful as you wish. timeline" - you should be able to find detailed instructions.



Well the genealogy software I use most of the time is Ancestor Quest version 2, and I knew it does not have a time line chart, but that is not why I keep using Ancestor Quest 2. I recently got Ancestor Quest version 12 and while it has a lot more bells and whistles it does not have a time line either. This time line is from Family Tree Journal version 10.1 and that version of FTJ is about 15 years old and a DOS program, so that is why no nice graphics like Randy's Roots Magic 4 program. I talked to Bruce about another feature of FTJ that I have been looking for for 15 years, the ability to print multiple pictures in the notes. His Roots Magic works just like my Ancestor Quest it prints one picture in the notes and the rest of the pictures end up in a scrapbook at the back. An example of this from Family Tree Journal was my uncle, he wrote an autobiography of his life for his kids, and when I entered it into FTJ, I had his graduation picture from high school print right after him telling about high school, his first marriage picture after that in the biography, his second marriage picture after second marriage in biography, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails