Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fearless Females Female Photo

Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did I select this photo?


This photo was of my aunt Frances Hansen, she was the oldest sister of my dad, Claude Hansen. She married Fred Woltermann and had two daughters, Dorothy and Jean Woltermann. I think this picture was taken about 1915. Frances was always interested in my dad and how he was getting along. Pop quit high school early to start working and Frances was always interested in his welfare. I picked this picture because I never got to see Frances, she died of breast cancer just over two years before I was born, a long time before they knew what to look for to catch that cancer early enough to cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails