Saturday, December 5, 2009

Carnival of Genealogy #86, Genea Santa

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission: Impossible music), is to write a nice letter to Genea-Santa

Here are the directions:

1) Write a letter to Genea-Santa and ask for only ONE thing. It could be hardware, software, a missing family Bible, a record that you desperately want, etc.

Genea Santa I wish to find the parents of John "Jackie" Vanderpool. He was born about 1805 in North Carolina. Some say he is the son of Anthony Vanderpool, but other than he fits in between other babies born to Anthony I have seen no proof. There are also 3 or 4 other Vanderpool families in the same area with similar blank spaces in their births, so he fits there also. While its been a while, I did index 30 or 31 volumes of the Vanderpool newsletters and still have that index.

2) Tell Genea-Santa what a good genea-girl or genea-boy you've been this past year and give examples.

I have been a good boy this year, got my 6th Certificate of Appreciation from Sam Reed, the Secretary of State for Washington and head of the State Library for helping index records for the Washington State Digital Archives. I also asked Maggie Rail "the Cemetery Lady" to submit her cemetery records to the state library. At last count she had recorded about 400 cemeteries in Washington plus some in Idaho, Montana, and California. She also was an editor for Internment.net. I continue to do research for Eastern Washington Genealogical Society queries and the income from research continues to be the second largest amount of money collected for EWGS. (Dues are still #1). In September the Washington State Genealogical Society held their annual meeting here in Spokane, and I was a volunteer in the planning and getting the packets ready. I also did the name tags for everyone that attended. Since next year is the 75 Anniversary for EWGS, I started a series of articles on the Presidents of EWGS on the EWGS blog. So I guess I have been a good boy this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails