Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 22, 1963 Memories

I was reminded by the article on my home page about the death of President John Kennedy. I did not think I would ever forget that day, I was a sophomore at Rogers High School, and the president was shot when I was in PE class. My next class was World History and I was surprised when I arrived that the teacher had the TV on and was setting solemnly at his desk. He filled us in on what had happened, and we sat glued to the TV for the rest of the class without a word being spoken. I don't remember what happened at classes the rest of the day, but when I got home they were still covering the death of the President on all three channels. Later I watched as the casket was paraded in Washington DC and the funeral of our President. The new president Lyndon Johnson was a lot different from John Kennedy, but he did try to finish some of the things John Kennedy had started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails