Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Night Fun

1) Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).

2) Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you in a blog post.

Claude Hansen (1906-2008) my dad, last of this group to die, just over a year ago, he was born in Minnesota, grew up in Columbus, Montana and died here in Spokane.

Margaret Kelly (1914-1994) my mom she was born in Trenton, Missouri and with her parents moved to Spokane in 1918, she died here in Spokane.

Charles Kelly (1890-1954) my grandfather he also was born in Trenton Missouri and grew up there, in 1918 moved to Spokane And died here in Spokane.

Cleo Travis (1890-1984) my maternal grandmother, she was born in Mill Grove, Missouri second oldest of 17 children. She also died here in Spokane.
Notice my grandparents and mom died in years ending in 4 so we were pretty worried for my dad in 2004, but he kept on going for another four years.
Of all my great grandparents Orville Travis came the closest to being alive when I was born, as he died a month before I was born.

Anton Hansen (1870-1961) born in Humble parish, Svendborg, Denmark came to Austin Minnesota in 1887 three months before his 17th birthday when he would have been drafted into the Danish military. His older brother Peter was already in Austin, Minnesota, and later John, Martin and Lawrence Hansen would join Anton and Peter. In 1910 Anton moved to Columbus Montana to run the creamery there, and in the 1920s he moved to Blanchard, Idaho, and died at Blanchard.

Anna Dillingham (1872-1960) my paternal grandmother Born in Lyle Minnesota and married to Anton Hansen in Nunda, Illinois, she died of pneumonia at Spirit Lake, Idaho and Anton seemed to lose the will to live and he died just a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails